The Cashiers & Sapphire Valley area is a picturesque destination to visit any time during the year for fishing, hiking, snow skiing, and more — and there are several festivals that are worth adding to your vacation calendar! Here are top picks for the best Cashiers area festivals and events:
2. ALL ABOARD! Take a ride on the Smoky Mountain Railroad, which takes passengers on a scenic trip through the mountains and turns into The Polar Express during the holiday season. The train departs in Bryson City, about an hour from Foxhunt.
3. For the athletic traveler, the Cashiers Trail Mix in September features a 5-mile run or a team adventure run. The pictures look muddy!
4. Groovin on the Green, a summer concert series, is fun for the whole family!
5. Don’t miss Danny’s weekly Wednesday BBQ in the Sapphire Valley Community Center!
6. The Leaf Festival is held during the Columbus Day Weekend in October and features arts and crafts vendors and live music.
7. Learn about area wildlife and animals at Sapphire Valley Resort’s Mountain Wildlife Days in July.
8. View the Shadow of the Bear on the mountains in October and November!
9. For the cycling enthusiasts, take a spin around the mountains on the Tour de Cashiers held in May.
10. Get in the Christmas spirit and watch the Annual Cashiers Christmas Parade in December!
11. Enjoy Yankee Doodle Dandy Day on July 4th with food, games, contests, a ducky derby & more!