15 Things To Do Near Sapphire Valley
1. Hit the slopes at the Sapphire Valley Ski Area for skiing, snowboarding, tubing, and more.
2. Explore art galleries, shopping and dining in Asheville, North Carolina – only an hour and a half away from the resort.
3. Dine at The Orchard in Cashiers, and experience the restaurant’s charming southern flair.
4. Explore Gorges State Park, located in Sapphire, and enjoy outdoor activities at their finest!
6. Dunk into the chilly mountain water at Sliding Rock and create memories the kids will cherish.
7. Spend a day on the green and tee off at the Sapphire National Golf Club.
8. Get lucky at Harrah’s Cherokee Casino in Cherokee, NC.
9. Explore the natural history of the Shenandoah Valley at the numerous museums near Foxhunt, including the Franklin Gem & Mineral Museum, only an hour away from the resort.
10. Spend a day in America’s dream home – the Biltmore House – and tour the gardens or sample original wines at the onsite winery.
11. Strike it rich at the Smoky Mountain Gold & Ruby Mine in Cherokee – the whole family will enjoy panning for gold and gems, and shopping at the gift shop!
12. Tis’ the season for Santa’s Land Family Theme Park & Zoo! Enjoy rides, view animals from the North Pole and visit Santa’s Village – open year-round.
14. Catch some air and a thrill on a whitewater rafting excursion – the Nantahala Outdoors Center offers tours for all ages and skill-levels!
15. Fly through the forests and explore the mountains from the sky on a Zip Line Canopy Tour!